View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 04:06 AM   #15
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

I don't exactly feel qualified to reply to this thread - relationship conniseur that I clearly am not - but when has that ever stopped me?

Brianna I have noticed an increasing clarity in your posts recently, and it seems quite clear that you are undergoing a slight recourse, or change of direction. Before I thought you were just a bit silly, but you have revealed several hidden layers that are actually quite brilliant - self-awareness, honesty and realism.

From one who has got herself into an equally unproductive circular mess, I cannot say 'you should have thought of that'. It's amazing the things we let ourselves believe, particularly with regard to love.

So it appears the much dreaded CHANGE has arrived. It's actually quite fun - you realise you are still the self you once liked so many years ago, when you promised yourself 'I will never let a man get in my way!'

It doesn't matter that you've made a mistake, because you can learn from it. Use the experience for something productive. Some people write plays. Others put all their energy into not doing the same thing next time.

You mention he is unconcerned with appearance, and accepts you for who you are. I think you are the one who has difficulty accepting you for who you are. So when a man comes along who loves you 'unconditionally', you are amazed, and link this unconditional acceptance to that particular person, thinking 'no one else will ever love me like that'.

That's not true.

So, if you enjoy his company for what it is, carry on as you are. If you will always, truthfully want more, you know what you need to do.