View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 12:03 PM   #7
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
If the Religious symbol is also an Historical symbol and it represents two or more separate churches, it IS CONSTITUTIONAL!
Wrong. Posting any religious symbol (and the 10 commandments is ONLY religious and not historical) whether it represents one religion or several is unconstitutional and thus illegal because it would ammount to the government respecting an establishment or even a couple of them. The government can't legally support any religions whether it's one or several. They would also be disrespecting all non judeo-christian religions. The government can't legally put any religions over others.

America is not a Christian nation and never was.

Quote:
I never said our Government was founded on Christian Religion...I said this Country(We the People) was founded on Judeo-Christian principles.
Incorrect as usual; None of the laws in America or our government was based on Judeo-Christian beliefs. Even our declaration of rights has nothing to do with Judeo-Christian beliefs. Our founding fathers believed in NATURAL RIGHTS like Locke described. They also believed in religious freedom, whether that is freedom of religion or from religion. This means they knew that people were born with rights and they got them from nature. But whether they happened to believe in the monotheistic god portrayed by Christians and Jews, or any of the different gods believed in by Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, or even Satan worshipers, they could assume their rights came from that entity as long as they got the concept of inalienable rights that aren't given to us by government and can't be taken away by government across.

The ark and sodom and gohmorra haven't been found either. Wow you're such a fart smeller.....er....smart feller. No I was right the first time.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote