View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #29
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I am really struggling with Arrow. I like elements of it still - I really like Detective Lance. Paul Blackthorne really brought it in the episode before last. And the last episode I thought was much stronger than it's been for much of this season.

Watching Daredevil and Jessica Jones has kind of ruined Arrow for me a bit.

I dunno - I just haven't felt that invested in Oliver Queen just lately. I liked him better as the batmanesque troubled hero - billionaire playboy by day and kick-ass vigilante by night, with just a couple of people who knew his secret. Instead of this Green Arrow crap (yes, I know that's the original comic book character), where he basically leads the world's least competent scooby gang.

And the new suit sucks. Did I already mention that I hate the new suit? Looks fucking ridiculous.

Also Olicity pretty much killed Arrow for me. That and the fact that it sometimes just seems to be mainly a staging post for other shows to launch from. I'm hoping that Felicity and Oliver can just get on with being good friends who once were together - that'd be ok. If I have to watch another season of will they-won't they-oh they did-now they don't-now they do again bullshit, I may have to abandon it in disgust. Which is a shame, because I loved Felicity as a character. She was awesome. But they made her really irritating.

I still watch it , because...I dunno - every so often I get that good Arrow vibe from it again. But it's like a chore for several episodes at a time interspersed with good stuff.

I quite like Dahrk. he's pretty evil and presents a credible threat. Which is good, because they've basically reduced Malcom Merlin to pantomime villain.

Last edited by DanaC; 05-07-2016 at 02:53 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote