View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #6917
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'ma gonna take over the Happy thread for a lickle while.
Good job we're pretty much in the Dead Zone for the Cellar. Well -yes, earlier would have been better, but I've been doing things. See below.

Mum gets up earlier than me, but stays in her nightdress while she does the housework. Sometimes until 10.00!
At 08.45 there was a knock at the door and a young lad delivered a parcel.
He had an electronic signature device, but fled before she could sign.
We think the nightdress might have put him off. She is called Mrs Robinson after all.
The parcel was for me, but I'd already left for school.

So when I came home I was really excited to find a big box, obviously from America, and bearing the return name and address of one Sarge. I deliberately did NOT look at the spoilers that Customs insist you include and Diz and I had much fun getting into it.
Well, I opened it and Diz tried to climb inside.

To my pleasure and surprise I had a veritable FEAST of American goodies.
Pork Skins, LOTS of Peeps (inc pink & blue rabbits), a Pecan Log Roll, Woody's Pecan & Walnut Praline, Rock Crystal Candy and Moon Pies.

Then also home made rye soap (in an evidence bag!) a National Guard hat and wallet (with notebook inside) and National Guard commemorative coins.

I hope I haven't missed anything out.
It was an amazing haul, and not what I expected. Sarge said he'd put something in the post, but this was more like a care package.

Now some pics.
Me in my new sunhat.
And greeting my pig snacks.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 05-17-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Typos
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote