View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 06:41 PM   #7
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Slacker!

Seriously though, you are brave to put your personal situation out there so clearly. We talk about this stuff in general terms but actual personal factual stories are much more compelling.

Health care is the killer expense. It's ridiculous.

I understand that we are supposed to be worried about the terrorists now, but this economic situation is far more real and personal.
Terrorism, gay marriage, abortion, while all important, they are convenient red herrings. Recycling? Bullshit. It's a way to keep you busy with make work. Working 40 hours a week
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.mybudget360.com/how-much-do-americans-earn-what-is-the-average-us-income/
The median wage in the US per person is $26,695. This tells us a lot since the median household income is at $50,500. Since the Census data looks at households, this data hones in on individual wage earners. 66 percent of Americans earn less than $41,212.
Do you have enough energy left over to write your congressman (as if that would do any good) or try in any way to make a change in the status quo? Of course not and I don't blame you. a) it's pointless. The game is rigged. b) you are too busy trying to survive.

There is a series by the BBC I think, called "The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear" well worth a watch when you are done sorting the recycling and helping the fundraiser for your school so they can buy books or lab equipment or something. Or read the synopsis on wikipedia.