View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #103
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
I read a couple of articles about the "ignored" evidence. Unfortunately, it all appears to me to be hearsay.
Some, yeah, but one of the pieces of evidence was non-blood Avery DNA underneath the hood of Halbach's car (Brendan said they pulled out the battery cable after moving her vehicle,) and another was the fact that Avery had one week earlier purchased handcuffs and leg irons like the kind Brendan described. (Avery claimed they were for sex play with his girlfriend Jodi.)

I definitely believe the cops planted numerous pieces of evidence against him, and completely railroaded the kid. I also don't know for certain that he's innocent--but reasonable doubt is reasonable doubt, and there's plenty of that.

The thing I kept screaming at the screen was why in the hell they couldn't get the phone records--Brendan claimed to have received and answered multiple phone calls that evening when he was supposed to have been helping Avery dispose of the body. Does Wisconsin not have modern phone technology? Were the friends who called him not willing to testify that they had spoken with him?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote