Thread: DOG
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 03:17 PM   #551
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

As a kid, we had a Weimaraner. His name was Apollo. I spent a lot of time reading as a kid, I thought that would be a cool name. As for the energy level of the animal, all these stories point in the same, right direction. Strong, enthusiastic, unsatisfied to be at rest, Apollo once escaped from the basement through, "not over or under", the basement window. As far as we can tell, he just just jumped through the window and went on to visit the neighborhood.

He was fast too. The only way we could recover him was for me to be in the back seat of our little Fiat 125 as my Dad drove through the neighborhood. When we saw him, Dad slowed down and I opened the door and called him. The dog would lope over to the car, leap in the backseat, and Dad drove us home.

We'd have to do this when he pulled up that big corkscrew stake you augered into the ground. That dog loved our home, he came back to it so many times... Just to be have another chance to leave again. Great dog, should come with disclaimer "Don't fence me in".