Thread: Armed America
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #217
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Right but wholly irrelevant.

A) The world cannot be sterilized from danger, nor would you want to live in such a place. But more importantly,

B) I caution, resist the urge to solve politics with equations. It seems like it would work that way sometimes, but math is perfect and humans are imperfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
In exactly the same way that someone with no hands is less likely to shoot you than someone with any. Fantasy-land scenarios are a waste of time.
Completely true, but my point right from the start, far from 'ban guns!', was...

Quote:
Guns don't scare me. People who are obsessed with them do, the same way that corpses dont scare me but people who fuck them do. Anyone who is that downright religious about their guns just puts me on edge, makes me wary, the same way someone who raises pit bulls or carries chainsaws does. They may be perfectly sane, but if they turn out not to be, or flip out, or convince themselves that all 'communists' need to die...
Fuck.

Therefore, the statement that people with guns are more dangerous than those without them applies only to the extremes in politics, not to the criminals - which is exactly why I dont want to ban them in the first place.

Are you done arguing with me yet? I'm NOT anti-gun. I'm not for gun control.