View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #688
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Yeah, this, motherfuckers.

Suuuuuuure, put in the new box, for nothing, sure.

Turns out that new box for nothing reduces the size of the picture displayed on the TV by... A quarter, give or take. New TV, black bars top and bottom, left and right.

Motherfuckers.

THEIR MENU extends into the black bar area, just none of the content. Choosing "stretch" fills the screen, but extrapolates the picture, so, grainier. Their menu now stretches off the bottom of the screen, unseeable. Fucking fuckers.
This is the first I've head of that, do you have Fios from Frontier? When mine was installed years ago, I already had a plastic pipe from the pole into my cellar that had phone and cable run through it, so they pulled the fiber through that an mounted a big metal box in the cellar. It took the dude much of the day. My buddy up the road just got Vios two months ago and the chick installed the white plastic box on the outside of the house. She was done in 45 minutes.

When he told me that I went online and discovered they use about five different boxes across their coverage. He doesn't have a very big TV but I'll have to ask him about the picture. I don't have a big one either, a 40 inch tube and 42 inch plasma. I'll be sure and question it before they touch it.