View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:37 AM   #924
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

testing this.... if i want this uploaded pic to appear in a specific spot within my post, like I do with hot linked pics....

I click the paperclip,
Name:  the boy and I high contrast.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  40.0 KB

OH! no shit!
once you upload a picture ( using manage attachments ) and go back to the text editor ....if you hit that paperclip, it gives you a drop down box of the attached images; and when you choose one...it gives you {[attach][/attach]} brackets! and it uses the attachment number. ( the above attachment is #34410) and it places the pic where you want it to be! You could just type these brackets out as well, i assume... as long as you know the attachment number to put between them...

I had always overcome what I thought to be a failing of VB, where attached pics always appeared at the bottom of the post, by context. I'd refer to the first pic or the second pic.... whereas with hotlinked pics ( using the [IMG] tags and a pic's url) I could drop a pic into a post where it made sense.

8 years a member of this forum, and I never knew it. talk about a pro tip.....