Thread: British Telly
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #112
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Don't know if I've mentioned Ideal before ..probably, at some point.

They've recently announced they're not doing another series, which i think is a bit of a shame. It had gone increasingly strange across its seven series and turned into something quite special.

It's mostly about a guy called Mos, a small time hash dealer in Salford (next door to Manchester), his girlfriend, and his friends and customers. And..a kind of low-rent but slightly bizarre criminal underworld.

Anyway. Here's a few clips starting with one from series 1. At this point things are relatively normal and haven't spiralled off into the fantastical. It features one of my favourite characters, Jenny, a regular customer. Thick as pigshit, but utterly sweet. The next ones show some of her character's trajectory.

Same character a few series along: His acting in this is brilliant. You can see the exact moment he starts to realise he is looking at her differently.

And don't watch this if you intend to see the series and value suspense. I don;t really think it;s the suspense kind of show though...

Last edited by DanaC; 05-06-2012 at 05:49 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote