View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 07:58 AM   #112
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Last concert I attended was Queensr˙che, the "Empire Tour". Suicidal Tendencies opened.

This was about 1990-91.

I paid $21 each for 2 tickets. Thought the price was outrageous.

I've seen them twice! I had to wait 21 years for the first one, which was "Extended Suites", selections from Rage for Order, American Soldier, and something else non-Mindcrime. Every previous attempt I'd made since 1988 was foiled by lack of one of three things: money, transportation, or free time. I'd have $$ and be off work but unable to find anyone going, or I'd have friends going and either be broke or have to work. In 2007 I tried for like 4 days to win tickets and failed; closest I got was caller 7 of 10. The second time was their 30th anniversary tour--also their last; as I recall the singer flipped out during the South American leg of the tour and pulled a knife on the rest of the band. They squabbled about the name for a few years, but nobody seems to be doing much with it now. Still, the 30th anniversary show was AWESOME. They could have added ONE song to the show to make me like it more than I did. ONE. And I have LOTS of pictures of both shows.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote