View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #41
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Because there's nothing "just" about it. Murder is a terribly destructive force in communities and should be dealt with swiftly and harshly in all circumstances. Lets say you line up two men against a wall with two shooters about to kill them. One shooter is a religious nutjob and the other a jilted lover. They both proceed to murder their victims. Should one be punished more harshly than the other? I argue no, they both committed the same heinous act and should both be held to the same standard of punishment. There is no such thing as "just another murder".
There is a difference even though the outcome and intent are the same. When you kill someone for cheating, they performed a personal act against you. If I did not want to be killed by this person, I would just not have to cheat on them. When you kill someone because of their identity, they did nothing against you. If I did not want to be killed by this person, I would have to change or hide my entire identity. That is the biggest factor in my opinion.

Classicman, Obama obviously wasn't endosed by the KKK but some members did vote for him. I was bored last year and looked at Stormfront and saw a HUGE controversy of some members supporting Obama. Their reasons were legitimate as well.

Obama being elected, in some respects, help the KKK in the same way that Bush's invasion of Iraq helped Al Qaeda. Since Obama got elected, KKK membership has shot up.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...14-401,00.html