View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 11:16 PM   #851
Hajik
Glorified Gunslinger

There are some major differences from the book and the movie, so I don't know which one he's refrencing(sp) although chances are it's probably the book. As for the differences the movie is sugarcoated compared to the book. You think of it like this the is like American McGee's Alice, dark, twisted, and an overall not nice version of the story. Were as the movie is sugarcoated and "kid-friendly" compared to that game. It's sorta like that, although the book isn't supposed to be scary, it does have some differences in it that cause it to be more dark then the movie was. As for the axe, the Tin Man certainly uses it more liberaly then in the movie. I've never read the book, and it's been a long time since I've seen the movie so don't hesitate to correct me. But the only time the Tin Man uses his axe in the movie is to chop down a door barring the Tin Man, Lion, and Scarecrow from the witch and Dorothy. In the book the Tin Man cuts the head off a wildcat and there was something about him cutting the limbs off trees that were alive. Afterwards the trees sway in pain and terror.

Last edited by Hajik; 07-30-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Hajik is offline   Reply With Quote