View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Thanks all...

OK ... Been over a month. Damn time is flyin'.

Son has not taken ANY meds since last Thursday. He is officially off of EVERYTHING!
ZERO adverse reactions. None whatsoever. Un-fucking-believably awesome. Another "it'll never happen" according to the docs. Fuggem.
Had an MRI discussion and visit with his neurologist.
He still shows damage, but there is nothing new and nothing seems to have spread. Lotta technical jargon, but according to the Neurologist "things are much better than I expected."
The previous opinions were from the endocrinologist - whom we won't be seeing any longer. Yay!

The LLLT treatments have been continued 2x a week and everyone... let me be clear EVERY ONE has seen a difference in him.
He is far more obstinate, memory vastly improved and he's initiating conversations on his own far more than ever before.
He argues with me all the time about chores now. He leaves the house an walks around the neighborhood saying hello to people. He'll talk to them about his cat for as long as they'll allow. He also has a suddenly renewed interest in girls - HA!
For instance, "Scoop the litter boxes" Would always be followed with an "OK" or he's just do it.
Now its "I did them last time, Its your turn to do them." The cognitive difference between the two is huge.
His balance is a little better also, which is weird.

We also went to the dentist. He's got a few cavities and they're getting filled. Aside from that.

Last thing I'll share ... if your still reading...

We've been speaking for a number of groups/organizations for some time now. Well one young man who was at a DUI class goes to college near us. His name is "Tom"& he's the TKE Fraternity President. He emailed me and asked if we'd speak at his "Gatorade Pong Tournament" (What???) Yeh part of his community service project. Sure, I say, We're in.
We showed up thinking there would be like 2-3 dozen people there. As it turns out, the football team got wind of the event and somebody knew somebody who heard of my son.... anyway there were 195 people there.
Unbelievable! The event was awesome and they raised a ton of money for MADD. Dan was dancing with all these girls and they flocked around him... lol
Anyway, he gets some girls number and they wee texting back and forth for a few weeks when she asks him if he'd like to go bowling. She gets with me to set it all up. We drive up to the bowling alley and there were like 20 kids there from the school, including "Tom" the TKE President. He and some other guys pull my son aside and explain that they want to Honorarily induct him into the Frat.
The secret ceremony is this Sunday. Son is hugely excited. Dad is proud. Life goes on.

Be well.