View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #86
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
On a higher note:

http://www.factcheck.org/politics/go...alth_care.html

was a good link. I believe that is a more accurate assessment of how they want things to go. But they have not sent it through the grinder of lobbyist and special interest groups in Congress so the final product remains to be seen. And on top of that, how is it going to be paid for by the rest of us with jobs and insurance.
The cost of health care reform will be at the heart of the debate.

It would be nice if the bullshit about a govt run system could be excluded from the debate, but that wont happen. I suspect it will be the Republican talking point throughout....along with talk of "rationing care" and "government taking away choices" and "controlling all health care decisions" for you and me.

And as you probably know, from being in the health care system, you and I and the rest of us with jobs and insurance are already paying for the 45+ million uninsured and, for many workers, health care costs are the fastest rising costs they face.

Not to mention the impending Medicare explosion as baby boomers drop into the system.

Something has to be done to provide affordable and accessible health care for all and someone has to pay.

Last edited by Redux; 05-03-2009 at 08:47 AM.