View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #1612
glatt

This is a link to a thread in another forum. It's a building forum, and one of the guys there is a farmer who makes ends meet by designing trusses at a day job. The rest of the time he farms with his extended family.

He started a thread two years ago to describe life on the farm (with lots of pictures included.) I've been following that thread for a long time, and am always pleased when there is a new entry. It's got a couple thousand posts in it right now, but if you just skim through reading his (BossHog's) posts you get to see what it's like working the land, repairing equipment, dealing with mother nature, etc. etc. all from a simple point of view. He's not a smooth, eloquent writer, just matter-of-fact.

It's a perfect example of what make the internet beautiful. You read about his experiences and you come away thinking that you "get it." You know what it's like to be a farmer. Or at least hanging around with one.

I'm pretty sure you need to register to read the thread, but I think it's worth it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote