View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #457
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
98% of 18-wheeler drivers quit after a year on the job?
Werner said my day off was the rest periods between driving. I once drove 9 weeks to get 9 days off for dental work. Got home 3 days late and they wanted me back on the scheduled day. I said fuck you motherfucker if I don't get my days you can come get the fucking truck. So I went back after 9 days off and the pricks never said a word.

I quit after 2 yrs and it was an interesting experience. The way the different state laws fuck the truckers in the ass without the benefit of anal lube. You know products would be a little cheaper if a owner/driver didn't have to go to the state capital for a tax sticker.

Back to the experience. I saw the border in El Paso, the Golden Gate which is brown, the north rim of the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Las Angeles, Sturgis. Idk I have been everywhere, but Canada. I couldn't go there as I had a DUI in Jersey in 87. Since 03 when I quit I heard they changed the law up there. Trump probably wanted to visit.

I want to ride up to Jim's house in the spring, but don't want to take 95 through Philthe. All that traffic is right scary after living 25 yrs in the country. Maybe I will take the ferry. There are a few people to see on the way up in Gettysburg and my father's cousin in MD. Got to beat the heat and humidity of the southern states so I will have to think about what month to start. Well I see I am rambling, but I feel so much better.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote