View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 10:08 AM   #27
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

My kid is a Medicaid case, and besides, no one knows him like we do. I'm sort of anal about all this, but truly, there have been *so* many mistakes made in his care over the years that I am 100% certain that he wouldn't be at all well off without our direct observation and intervention.

Case in point...my wife called me a little while ago to inform me that Steve's neurologist had called this morning to report that the MRI taken on Tuesday, when compared to the one done last year showed distinct enlargement of his ventricles. Well, hell...if we'd actually known that on Tuesday, when the MRI was done, we would have had the procedure done almost a day sooner, and he wouldn't have had to endure the terrible headache and descent into incoherence. I mean, the dye test on Friday was inconclusive, so I think some urgency should have been associated with the MRI result, but by the time we got that info, he'd already gone into complete shunt failure and had the revision done. So bad stuff happens all the time. This is actually minor. I could make you a list, but frankly, it would piss me off when I started thinking about all the medical stuff that gets overlooked or brushed aside.