View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #80
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
... I really think the 2nd Amendment fantasy needs to meet the reality. Who do you intend to shoot with your AR? At this point we've seen a lot of innocents die for what looks like a fantasy about shooting American soldiers and American cops.
OTOH a lot of people think your panacea fantasy needs to meet the 2nd Amendment reality that civilians want the personal issue firearms military and police use in self defense, for the same advantages, believing they have the same right to life. Compromises have already been reached. Fully automatic firearms are not generally available to the public and they don't get to attach silencers, bayonets; or, grenade launchers to them either. The line between offensive and defensive capability of the firearms has been drawn.

But there are those who want to blur the line based on whether the firearm is used legally; or, illegally. It's usually those who have no need or interest in them. But these same people would never consider giving up the kinds of things THEY need or want, like privately owned vehicles, that may be used illegally (or accidently) to take innocent lives. Oh no, that's different.

Then it becomes a numbers game: Well what you need or want costs more in innocent lives than what I need or want so you have to give yours up; but, I don't have to give up mine ... and there's more people who want what I want so the cost in lives is acceptable ... and anyone who says only professional drivers should have vehicles; or, no one should have a vehicle that goes over 15 mph to save innocent lives is nuts. If they refer to us responsible vehicle owners as crazed child killers and boycott car manufacturers because of the actions of a few bad drivers, we'll join the National Drivers Association and lobby for our hypocrisy!

We've seen a lot of innocents die for what looks like an American fantasy about the freedom of the road and driving on vacations. How about all those drivers who have cars that are too big and too fast for their needs. All that power affects their minds and turns them into reckless pedal to the metal killers. Yet, these people who won't give up the excessive privilege of driving privately owned vehicles in order to save innocent lives want others to give up the basic right to firearms that can save their owners' lives. Who you going to save with your privately owned motor vehicle? People have gotten along just fine with horses for hundreds of years. I'd like to see the end of sheeple hypocrisy.

^Heh, heh. I did a tw with a twist with Griff.^
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote