View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 04:14 PM   #8
Michael Roth
Minister of Lurking

Your absolutely right. The difference is intent. The GWB war machine intends to enforce its will upon a nation that does not want it there. This is not a new phenomenon...ask anyone of Irish background, and you will get a definite perspective.

When a nation is liberated, there is gratitude. People shaking soldiers hands, kissing them in the street. Not trying to kill them in their sleep.

This, unfortunately is not a matter that can be debated from afar. I am not Iraqi. I did not have to live under Sadam's regime. However I do watch the Machine trample heedlessly like a bully taking a joke too far then shrugging off the blame, "what, what? What did I do wrong?"

Now conversely, Sadam Hussien was a criminal. He needed to be removed from power, WOMD or not. Nepotism was rampant and its effects dangerous. I mean really the whole bloody family was just sick.

I do not have a better solution, luckily I don't need to offer one. I'm a graphic designer, not a political analyst or military consultant. However it does not take a rocket scientist to tell which way the wind is blowing.
"You must be," said the Cat. "Or else you wouldn't have come here."

Michael Roth is offline   Reply With Quote