View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
SamIam

Nice save Zen. That article DOES give two different numbers - 500 BILLION vs 500 TRILLION. So just which is it? Meh - who cares? Facts just get in the way anyhow.

Plus, EVERYONE does not pay 10% on their first $8,700 of wages. We don't have a flat tax - yet. Remember tax brackets? Well hysteria to the contrary, they're still in effect, weep as Republicans may.

Also, what's wrong with high income households paying medicare taxes? This will add to a recession? I doubt it. High income households will just have to stop free loading off social security and medicare. Tough shit.

Cuts to the bloated Pentagon? Go tell it to the marines. It's about time that somebody trimmed the fat off all those lucrative defense contracts going to the outfits that made the biggest contributions to the campaign funds of members of the Congressional Defense Committee. Plus, maybe the Pentagon might be encouraged to be more responsible and make every bullet count, so to speak. No more wasting air strikes on killing thousands of civilians and writing it off as "collateral damage." Maybe we could work on killing more enemy COMBATANTS and leaving old people and children alone.

Finally, maybe we could be a little more choosy about who we invade to get control of oil supplies. I suggest we go after Canada. They are our largest supplier of oil and they're right next door so deployment expenses would be greatly reduced. Plus, we out number them. Anschluss time at bargain prices.

Also, if you plow through the article, these increases etc are going to run up those supposedly big bills over a TEN Year Period. Or is it next year? Again, the writer can't decide.

Finally, this new flash came out back in Feburary (check out the date of the article). Since then it seems to have dropped like a lead balloon. This is the first I've ever heard of it.

Come on, Classic. You usually post better stuff than this.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote