View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 02:42 AM   #5
chrisinhouston
Professor

One last set of images... The park does have a cheetah and leopard. The leopard had become a nuisance predator for farm stock so the government captured her and relocated here, otherwise they would probably be shot by the farmers. The cheetah was separated from her mother so would have died in the bush.

They have huge fenced enclosures that give them room to run but they are fed as they can no longer hunt.

The lodge also had a large enclosure for 2 hippos which are not normally found in this dry area of Namibia. They had a huge pool to swim and stay i. The female was quite docile but the male snorted and splashed about a lot.

The lodge leaves some spotlights on the waterhole all night so you can see animals come and go.

All in all a fun and relaxing weekend. We had a great dinner on Saturday night and had grilled oryx steaks and were treated to a big thunder storm with lightning and a power outage. After the storm we all sat out on our patio watching the animals and flashes of lightening in the distance and then the power returned so we went to bed. The next morning we had a nice breakfast and checked out. The whole bill for my wife and I for the weekend was about $250!
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote