View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #209
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

But how about those items huh.

The meaning of "Unlimited" has nothing to do with net neutrality, it's a marketing issue which belongs with the FTC, not FCC. But also, it's now 2020 and Verizon has only one Unlimited. I have this plan. It's unlimited.

Sprint throttling traffic to Skype was a claim from researchers collating information from a third-party app, and Sprint disputed the results. But more than that,
Quote:
[researchers] added that they could not reproduce the crowd-sourced results when running their own tests on a Sprint data plan, leading them to assume that the throttling was only occurring on certain types of plans.
The researchers themselves could not reproduce their findings. That's... unimpressive.

We already went over reducing video sizes over mobile in this thread, and why they were a benefit to everyone in 2018 and not a net neutrality violation.

We already went over the Santa Clara firefighters in this thread. It had nothing to do with net neutrality.

Centurylink blocked people in UT based on their understanding or misunderstanding of a UT state law requiring customers to opt-out of filtering. This has nothing to do with net neutrality.

Finally, a Redditor claimed he didn't get good wireless service during a hurricane, LOL. Are you fuckin' kidding me? This has nothing to do with net neutrality.

~

I am done here. This is my last post on this topic. Please, by all means, have the final words, and enjoy the thread in the future without my input.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote