View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #85
monster
I hear them call the tide

Soooo.... at the MISCAS, most of the super-fast girls were wearing tech suits rather than their team suits. The $300 variety. So I gulped and thought, well she's just a freshman, I guess I'll start watching the sales and special offers ready for next year or the year after....

...nuh-huh. SG came home today saying that volunteer coach (head-coach's hubby, former U of M (Phelps) coach, who gave her the game plan for the IM last Thursday that dropped her the 5 seconds- (=God)) .....says that all swimmers who could make it to finals at the division championships in two weeks should have one. And he currently has connections with Speedo (and that is the only suit to have) and he can get them approx 50% off if we have enough orders...... If we can't buy one right now, they may be able to find loaners ...but they only get the 50% discount if enough people want them. ...and that discount is way better than I could ever find in a sale.....

So suddenly next year or so becomes next week? eek!

I have to say I was totally in the No camp until the MISCAs. I thought they were a con -especially at this level. I mean how much time can they really cut? But then I saw wet swimmers coming up to the bleachers to talk to their parents, and those suits were amazing! They were repelling water to the point where it was balling and looked like it was trying to jump off the suit -not even just perching in a hemispheric blob on the outside.

but... we only paid $120 for the team suit, two silicone team caps -with individualized name and team t-shirt and shorts. and that felt like a lot at the time......