View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #28
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
For whom? Are you serious? It's not a problem with catholicism, just management? Management isn;t catholic? Catholics aren't bankrolling this whole child-raping operation they call a church, and then turning a blind eye?

Well, if you're right Dana, that right there is a huge reason why this problem is so pervasive. But yeah, if the coffee is good, and you're friends are there... Yuk.

SG, this has nothing to do with politicians or football players, I don't know where you come up with this shit.
My point is that for most Catholics, this has precious little to do with cups of tea and a friend network, but that this is (as Sundae mentioned) the one true apostolic church. If you believe that. If you truly believe that the Catholic Church (Peter's See) is the direct descendant of the apostles faith, then problems and scandals are not attached to Catholicism itself. These are manmade problems.

I know catholics who are grieving over this. It doesn't stop them wanting to be catholic. It makes them want the people who currently administrate the Church, and the priests who are guilty (along with those who are complicit) to give answers and clean up their act. But that's all about people. The Church isn't about people. It's two thousand years of history, tradition and divine sanction.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote