View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Ok, first of all I am going to say that all women are different and the best way to know how she feels about it is to ask her. I don’t know about others on the board, but the more women I meet the more differences I can find. So anything I say could be way off base.

One of the possibilities is she just doesn’t have a strong libido, if one at all. The two most common causes for low libido, in my experience, are hormones and stress. If someone is stress, usually they don’t want to have sex. She might have had problems in the past that still haunt her to this day and it makes her not want sex. However I kind of doubt that just because 17 years is a long time to go without dealing with problems like that. But some people need others to help them get over past experiences, and she might be one of them.

Another possibility is that she only orgasms once. It could be that after that first orgasm, she no longer wants to have sex. Some women are like that. If she never has more than one orgasm then it certainly could be the case as long as there wasn’t something else stopping her from going again, but don’t ask me what that would be, I don’t really know.

Maybe she is sore after only one time and it hurts to go on. If it is painful to have sex more than once I doubt she would do it. But I would think she would tell you that, so I don’t know. I keep coming back to the whole communication thing, but I think it is a necessity.

About the brushing teeth thing, maybe she has a serious aversion to morning breath. That could be the most disgusting thing on the world to her which is not conductive to having sex. So that just could be her. Think about it, if there was a bodily function that disgusted you, let’s say for the sake of the example it is taking a crap, then would you want to have sex around it or during it? I doubt it.

Another thing it could be is her stalling for time. If she knows that if she tells you to go brush your teeth before sex and that breaks the mood for you, she could trying to get out of having sex. I don’t know. Again, you should ask her to know for sure what it is. She might want more foreplay and knows (or thinks) that if you have sex when you wake up you won’t have foreplay that could be enough incentive for her to avoid it.

She might be of the opinion that since she is the woman she doesn’t have to instigate it. She may think that sex shouldn’t happen very often and if she gives it to you once a week she is doing you a favor. I don’t know her so I don’t know what her opinion on it is. Maybe she just doesn’t think about how her actions affect you. Have you told her how you feel about it? The best thing to have in a sex life is communication. That way if something is wrong, or needs to be changed, or whatever, you will know about it and can do your best to get it taken care of.

From what I have heard most men do not get it most nights. 2 or 3 times a week is pretty good, but that doesn’t mean anything for you. If most men got it only twice a year, you wouldn’t want to be like them would you? Everyone is different and every couple interacts differently. Maybe she thinks she can exert control over you by withholding sex. Again, I don’t know. I’m grasping for any possible reason.

One married couple I know only have sex a couple times a month. They used to have sex more than that, but they just recently had a baby. Now she thinks that since she is a mom they shouldn’t have sex any more than once a week. I think this is silly, but she thinks it just the same. And she doesn’t want to have sex more than one day in a row because she gets sore. She would probably get sore after more than one time as well.

So it could really be anything.

By the way, I am a woman and I want it at least twice a week. But I haven't been married for 17 years.