View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

MA is a pain in the ass because they're given so much power to these unelected committees. The environmental committees tend to attract overzealous, out to save the world, warriors. I can tell you stories about my home town the would make the Pope swear, but Cape Cod has people with a lot of money suddenly have power to go with it.

A couple on the cape built a nice house with a view of the ocean. It's next door to the cottage where Edward Hopper painted summers. The couple jumped though hoops, got the permits, settle boundary claims with all the neighbors before building. Two years ago the guy died and his widow sold to another couple for I think around $5 million. The taxes are $33,000 a year.

A year after they bought it, the town says the permits were issued in error, and the house must be demolished. WHAT?!? Of course they went to court and so far they've lost twice, but still fighting it. Asked for comment the Board of Selectmen said this just a case of people with money flaunting the law and trying to push the board around.
I'd shoot all three of the motherfuckers.