View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 01:07 PM   #42
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Yeah, and thanks everyone for commiserating.

I never thought cancer or dying young was in the cards for me. Both my grandmothers died in their late 90's and so far my Mom and Dad are in theirs 80's and going strong. I really don't think about the dying part a lot, but when I do, its more about the practical side. And, if I have only so long to live, I want to get some things off my bucket list...like traveling. So my main goal is quality of life. For that I need ALL THE INFO. I want to be in control of my destiny, not the doctors who don't know me or really care. I am worried that my doctors so far are just guessing. (from what i have been able to investigate online)

So, Undertoad, I mean to get the best care somehow, I don't plan on going all homeopathic or anything. If chemo is the trick, then so be it, but I want the RIGHT drugs. The hard part is figuring out how to get the best information. I do have a follow-up visit with my surgeon and I will be asking for hard copies of EVERYTHING they have on me. And also for recommendations for other oncologist. Im going to pick his brains.

OMG, just typing this out makes me feel better. Thanks for listening.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote