View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 03:02 AM   #71
it
Banned

It's a municipality. Some person got a list of orders from logistics from a rough estimation of how much mix is consumed and placed it on a truck, among dozens of jars. Some other person then went around to distribute the goods throughout each floor's kitchen. Many such jars persist to reside in those fridges. In a few days some other person is going to take inventory to see what is still around and what is needed more of and how much, maybe if he is the curious type he is going to wonder if there was some big meeting that increased coffee consumption, and still do nothing about it. He will more likely want to get the job done as fast as possible and write down the inventory items so he can get to his break.

Ofcourse many people have paid dearly to finance the system, through taxes. Which means that I have stolen from thousands of people an amount that we don't have a currency small enough to account for.

So... No. I have no remorse for it - many other things in my life that I do. But they tend towards a more direct effect on sentient beings that can experience things. An insignificant trickling and potentially negative economical impacts has no trigger for empathy. This feels more of a hand-in-the-cookie-jar situation, and that's what most people wanted the thread to be instead of instances of actual guilt, so I went with it.

As far as getting fired for it goes, beyond the problem that I manage all the security cameras as part of the job and not a single cam or person saw me, I am my boss's go to guy. The only person he feels understands the delicate system required for operation of our job and knows how to maneuver it other then him. If confronted on the matter, I probably would feel guilty on dishonesty, and arguably it is there anyway by lie of omission, but dishonesty is kind of an essential part of the job. Other then that, This job is as secure to my ass as I am willing to sit still... Which is questionable in itself, but good enough for now.

Last edited by it; 10-04-2015 at 03:12 AM.
it is offline   Reply With Quote