View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #2155
Redux

What's wrong with the comprehensive health care reform legislation?

Not a 2000 page bill (it was about 225 pages in the final printing in the Record) or the even smaller (20 page?) reconciliation bill.

Its racist!

According to "Doc" Thompson, substituting for Glenn Beck (he of the phantom 12,000 new IRS agents) today:
"Racism has been dropped at my front door and the front door of all lighter-skinned Americans. The health care bill the president just singed into law includes a 10 percent tax on all indoor tanning sessions starting July 1st, and I say, who uses tanning? Is it dark-skinned people? I don’t think so. I would guess that most tanning sessions are from light-skinned Americans. Why would the President of the United Stats of America — a man who says he understands racism, a man who has been confronted with racism — why would he sign such a racist law? Why would he agree to do that? Well now I feel the pain of racism."
Not only racist, but anti-freedom!

Who cares if the tax might serve as a disincentive to the carcinogenic practice of indoor tanning...bah, its anti-freedom...."if I want to increase the chance of skin cancer, its my right!"

added:
UG...I hope you have better sense than to fry yourself for purely cosmetic purposes like Boenher.

Last edited by Redux; 03-30-2010 at 02:31 PM.