View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #34
monster
I hear them call the tide

Clearly you people know nothing about Britain or British slang. I was fortunate enough to have been there at the conception of this term -I'd just finished afternoon tea with Lilibet and was waiting for my corgi-bag when I saw Phileeep going to town on one of the palace sheep. Suddenly a blue phonebox appeared right in the Victoria Memorial fountains and the woolie bounded out of the gates and swam to safety inside. "Bloody doctor always swanning in and spoiling things" exclaimed Phil, at which a head popped out and yelled "You always were a Who-knocker" just as the box swirled and whooshed off into the distance. A QuornEater guarding the gate overheard the exclamation (although the sonic-screwdriver boom happened right in the middle). Henceforth, the term Who-B!-knockers has been used to refer to those of welsh persuasion. Because the Brits speak so quickly and have a propensity to swallow entire syllables, it has gotten a little squished up back into three syllables over time