View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 10:47 PM   #1669
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Bullying!? I'll make you a deal, if you bullied shawnee out of here, I bullied Snake out...

She had the same option with me!
Shawnee only received return fire, but she just underestimated my artillery... several times. She should have learned after the first time... or second... or third.

Reading the latest medical research findings, even from just reliable sources, the understanding of how the body works and interacts with shit, changes constantly. But what they are usually doing is further refining what they already know happens, to the whys, wherefores, and exceptions.

In 1800 they knew a heavy weigh dropped on your head would kill you.
In 1900 they knew what happens in your head when it kills you.
In 2000 they know hundreds of electrical, chemical, and physical happening when it kills you.

Someone suffering from long time troubles, even if some are psychosomatic, or they've learned just the rudiments of causation, even if they are wrong about the cause, it still fucking hurts. All the scientific links that say it shouldn't don't help a bit.

I've been through this with my doctor. Fortunately we have great respect for each other which allows for this conversation.
It hurts.
The condition you have shouldn't cause that to hurt.
But it hurts anyway.