View Single Post
Old 05-22-2001, 10:32 AM   #2
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

You have a real point there Tony. Especially in days like this. The name of the media game is "realism", always has been. But now, with things like "Survivor" out there, the demand for such realism was increased a hundredfold.

Papers always wanted "eyewitness accounts", probably the most famous of which being the Zapruder film. With technology increasing in availability and user-friendliness, anyone can send in pictures to their local news station.

But the lining isn't all silver. If you think about it, this could create a kind of papparazzi(sp?) that would plague the common man. If you have the misfortune to have been involved in a disaster, perhaps plane trouble, or a school shooting, or something of that nature, your misery would be compounded by vultures circling around you trying to get any pictures or video or any kind of media you may have recorded during the event.

Now that I think it through further, that would more than likely spur legislation protecting people from those that would prey on their misery, and would end not only that hypothetical scourge, but the celebrity-stalkers that exist today.

Ahh, the ramifications. I think I have a topic to discuss at lunch today.

~Mike