View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 10:12 PM   #188
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
What a beautiful car. It’s a convertible! I see trips to the river with the top down in your future.
Yeah, no. Not without a fair amount of dozer work on the road to the river from the paved road. Ain't no Cavvy gonna make that trip.

So, I hadn't had the top down til today.

I had a 73 Scout, Popdigr had a 77 Scout, as well as a 79 CJ-5, so I've ridden/driven without a top before. I never really got 'the convertible thing', too much like a motorcycle. Too much of the time, ya can't really enjoy it, it's raining, it might rain, too hot, too cold, something.

This afternoon, I was in the back of beyond, and stopped at a stop sign. In five seconds I made the decision to put the top down. About 15 seconds later, I drove away with the top down. In less than a quarter-mile I said out loud, alone in the car, "Ok, I get it now."

I finally get 'the convertible thing'.

Thinking 'bout changing my name to Wind In His Hair (from Dances With Wolves)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote