View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:57 AM   #179
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

The good news is...I finished my dissertation.....

The bad news is, I finally crashed and burned on a deadline...missed electronic handin by 25 minutes (computer crash. my fault for being last minute) and the physical handin by an an hoour and a half (having to arse about with computer. adain my fault for being on the last minute). Also, having read back through, the stuff I wrote at the very end (like the intro) aren't as grammatically careful as my work usually is. There are a couple of typos and a couple of missed footnotes. Oh, and I made a major error on the bilibography when I forgot to separate the different secondary sources into categories.

Again, my fault for being on the last minute. Trying to do that sort of thing 24 hours into a 36 hour work shift is not very sensible :P

I'll round off with some more good news. Apart from the errors mentioned I like what i wrote. I think it holds up. I like my analysis. I hope my tutors agree. That's more important to me than the final mark, if I'm honest. I just hope the mark isn't low enough to crash my grade average. Anything above a 68 and I should still be on for my 1st. Difficult ask though, given a 5% automatic deduction for the late hand in. *chuckles* ah well. Such is life.

*lets out long breath* that's a year long project off my back.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote