Thread: Cellar Dreamin'
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 11:01 PM   #234
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Just woke from a dream featuring Carruthers, even though he didn't actuallly appear in the dream.

An elderly female neighbour had left him an Arts & Crafts style cottage in the small market town he lives in. In the dream it shifted between it being left to him and him just working on it as a favour, but he had some interest in the property at least.

It was a known, but unusual design. Although the two bedrooms were of a decent size, both had hidden panels in the floor and ceiling. If you opened up the panel in the floor it gave you access to a ramp which could be inserted into the ceiling. Another room would then be accessible. In both bedrooms the space you could get into was HUGE - three times the size of the attendant bedroom below.

I don't remember if I was actually supposed to be there, but I was curious because I'd never seen this layout before. Although apparently it's really common in the age and type of house. I fear I was trespassing, because my subsequent actions did not fill me with pride. Carr had left a tidy pile of working clothes/ materials in the smaller of the two "normal" bedrooms. I went through all of his pockets, looking for money and valuables. The lady who had owned the house had South African connections, and I found a 20 rand note screwed up in Carruther's "boiling suit". I knew this was worth about £100 (it's not, for clarity, it's about £1) so I folded it up more neatly and stowed it in my bra.

Woke up feeling quite ashamed.
And also, weirdly believing it was already my birthday and wondering if Mum would cook me breakfast.