View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #2779
monster
I hear them call the tide

Upsetting? No, way beyond that.... but we don't need yet another thread of this genre, so this will do....for my rant.....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhh.

my kids are swimmers. I am involved with the running of their team. Their usual pool s under construction. We have an alternative -5 miles further down the road. It's free because when their pool was under construction, we housed them whithout cost (except they just billed us, but that's a different rant0.

Anyway, their heater broke. so the pool was closed for a bit. Then they decided that rather than fixit asap, they'd fight the manufacturers.... so we had to swim at 70degrees or not at all (that's really effing cold) so we've been swimming in the cold. finally it's fixed (we hear) but we can't get in the pool topractice becaus all the teams swimming there are scheduling their meets that were cancelled due to the cold or the gas leak in the area a few weeks ago....

So I run my ass off -email, telephone and literally to get another pool for us to practice in tonight and tomorrow. it ain't cheap and it's tiny and we had to jump through all sorts of paperwork hoops to get it, I have to rope the prez of the club in to help me (I'm the treasurer). We do it. we get the insurance, the payment, the certifications and the booking in line and turm up tonight to find the athletic director of the school (middle school) cancelling our practice because their are medicals for sports teams tonight and they want to use the locker rooms for blood pressure measurements and they need quiet for that.

Our prez, who is an RN goes town with them about that, they agree we can still use pool but our swimmers may not walk through the halls and must change in the bathrooms.

but when i arrive, there are notices posted on all doors cancelling our practice tonight and tomorrow... apparently she (the athletic director) decided that -after our 4-8 yo beginners had swum- our swimmers were too disruptive to her potential medicals (did I say potentiel there? read on) that we couldn't use the pool at all, so she posted two notices on each door, one cancelling practice for tonight and one for tomorrow.

well hello, you can't actually cancel our practice, we're booked and we paid for it and you're not..... and tomorrow? there aren't even medicals tomorrow..... she said "ooops! *giggle* that was an accident!" She apparently meant it to be today's date... but why would you need two notices side by side in each location cancelling the same practice?

just to add the cherry to the cake, hardly anyone showed up for the medicals and they did not use the locker rooms at all.