View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #1579
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
The bill prohibits rate discrimination based on pre-existing conditions or gender. The only allowable rate differentials under the bill are age and smoking.
At what cost? that was my question.

Quote:
SO if you are on a group plan at work, the bill would require the insurance company to immediately (or within 90 days) cover a child with a pre-existing condition at the same cost as the healthy child of a co-worker.
Where did it say that? I was specifically looking for that! And I thought it said after 6 months not 3.
Quote:
If you are talking about an uninsured adult with a pre-existing condition, the temporary pool sets rate limits indexed to the IRS rates for health saving accounts.
What the hell is that?

Quote:
I dont know the rates off of the top of my head, but I would guess a maximum out of pocket cost of $3-4,000 for an individual.
Out of pocket is not what I was referring to. I believe that was actually $5,000. I was talking about the cost of the plan.

Quote:
call or e-mail your Senator and have his/her policy person respond to your questions and concerns.
Been there done that - He was less than helpful. I think my limited knowledge was more than his. Really sad when you consider he voted on it. I'm not done with him yet and he promised to get back to me... I'll hold my breath - NOT.

Last edited by classicman; 12-29-2009 at 11:13 AM.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote