View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

TV Shows and Music

From time to time I get quite into the music from various tv shows. Most of the shows I get into have a strong musical component. Doctor Who, Heroes, Battlestar Galactica, all use music in very sophisticated ways, attaching themes to characters, or plotlines or concepts and weaving these themes through the show.

These are a few of my favourites.

First, from Battlestar Galactica: a piece of music which accompanies Gaius Balthar's descent into the surreal hell of the Cylon ship.

Second, from Doctor Who: the theme for the lost planet of Gallifrey, the Doctor's home, destroyed along with their enemies in a war of mutual destruction.

(there's a silly 15 second intro theme before it starts. Annoyingly it's louder than the start of the track. Worth putting the sound up high for the track itself))

Third: from Heroes. Sylar's theme. A complex monster. Fated and just a little bit gothic.

Right now I'm in a slightly dark mood (in a good way) as you can probably tell from my choices ... another time I might post something with a slightly different flavour.

Last edited by DanaC; 01-19-2009 at 07:14 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote