View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 07:01 AM   #24
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Thanks, V. I'm really sure it will work out fine. My big fears were Parkinson's (my epileptic uncle has it) and a brain tumor (my father-in-law died from one--which I realize has no bearing on my genetics, but I think the universe has a sense of irony and it would be like a fucking Lifetime special for Mr. Clod to lose his father and his wife to brain cancer and be left raising two special needs kids alone.)

Anyway. I have been experimenting with CBD oil while I wait for my followup appointment. (We had some in the house because we tried it with Minifob once, but saw no change.) It's definitely making a difference for me. Twitching is down from a strong twitch every minute or two, to a tiny one maybe every few hours. My doctor's office is supportive of the treatment in general, but I suspect they'll still want to play with my meds unless I find a dose/brand of CBD that completely gets rid of all of them.

Also, my family is pissing me off. I've been talking for 15 years about my seizures, and my medicine, and my diagnosable EEGs performed by multiple neurologists, and how the symptoms will inevitably go muscular someday as I get older because that's just what happens, and now I've been talking for a month about my muscle twitches... and when I mentioned that I physically seized under the strobe lights, they got all emotional and acted like this was the first time they'd ever heard the word epilepsy. To me it's basically a giant admission that they never really believed any of it up until now. And this is why I avoid trying to explain sensory seizures to people. Because when you say "powerful deja vu, with a huge adrenaline dump and auditory hallucinations," people always decide you're imagining it and/or making it up for attention. Fuck all of them.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote