View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #4421
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*laughs*

That describes pretty much most of my shopping trips. I am useless if I am going for something specific. I can wander about and look at stuff and maybe buy on impulse with the bst of them. Present me with a shopping task (like something to wear for my cousin's wedding, or a decent pair of wellingtons because my boots have died in the constant rain), and I hate it. Hate. It.

I often just abandon the idea after a short while, fuck off home for a cuppa.

My favourite shopping is accidental shopping. Yesterday I went into town to pick up a prescription. I got a lift in with mum who then went off killing time in the charity shops (thrift stores) whilst I was waiting on the script.

A couple of days prior, I had been on an unsuccessful welly shopping expedition to TKMaxx, followed by an even less succesful internet trawl. Saw some on the Next site that looked great, but the reviews suggested they'd start splitting after a month or so. Saw some gorgeous Hunter boots, but I can't justify £80 on a pair of wellingtons for walking the dog in the rain.

Stood in the chemist waiting for meds, and Ma phoned me to say she was in the camping and outdoors shop and there were some wellies there. Popped in on my way back to the car and saw the ones she'd mentioned: lovely looking, with a bright floral design on a dark background. £25 and looking verylike the ones with the bad review I'd seen. Then, just tucked in a corner, for £15, plain green Dunlop wellies.

I asked the guy if the £25 price tag was paying for the flowers or if they were a better quality too. He said the Dunlop were better quality.

So ended up with some nice, but entirely serviceable Dunlop wellies, for £15. Job done. Accidental shopping is best.

Last edited by DanaC; 07-13-2012 at 04:48 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote