Thread: Walkin' man
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #233
glatt

My son is in high school now as a freshman, and it's my daughter's last year, as a senior. The boy tried out for marching band, and got in, so now both of them are in the same band. That's most excellent.

Yesterday, I went to their first band competition of the season. They were good, and won their division, beating out the one other band in the same division with a score of "Excellent."

This is a picture thread though, so I present to you the band that was on the field immediately prior to them. That band was in a different division, and I arrived just in time to catch their performance.

I was testing the lighting and my position in the stands by snapping a few shots of this earlier band. The are Kettle Run High School Marching Band, and their show is called "Evolve." They started off with a fife and drum pair, and then proceeded to demonstrate different marching band styles over the last century or two. It was neat, and then they wheeled out this contraption that was supposed to represent the future of marching bands.

This is where my pictures begin.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote