View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #179
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman
Also, there are some very basic issues not being addressed - just off the cuff - Will medicare and/or medicaid be replaced, eliminated or modified?

Exactly how are we increasing the # of insured while decreasing costs SPECIFICALLY.

How are we going to provide services without rationing increase demand by as much as 25% while not increasing the supply of providers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman
None of these have been addressed - still. I would think these would be at the top of the list when considering something of this magnitude. I wonder why that is.
I'm not sure if you're asking us or the government to address these issues, but I can answer the second one for you: once someone is insured, even if it's against their will initially, they can now go to a normal family doctor for their sore throat instead of the ER. This will save huge amounts of money right off the bat, because a family clinic simply does not cost as much to run as a hospital. Hospital resources are wasted on non-emergency treatments, and that's a cost that the rest of us subsidize one way or another. What's more, when someone is insured, they are more likely to go in for preventive care and early checkups of symptoms, and thus may never need the emergency surgery they would have required if the disease sat until it could no longer be ignored. We all save the cost of that surgery, too.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote