View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #9279
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Upset today? Well.... more like cross. But there's no thread for that.
I got Dad some Wetherspoons vouchers for his birthday.
It's a chain of pubs in the UK - decent, clean, family places, reasonable food and good drinks prices. Mum & Dad like them. £20. That would cover 2x2 meals.

Now I had to wait til payday. Yesterday. Because I had no money until then.
I thought I could walk into a pub and just buy vouchers, or a gift card, like you can in pretty much every national chain from make-up stores to supermarkets. In fact he got two gift cards from other members of the family.

No. Only online.
Well okay. It's not like I'm computer illiterate or can only pay in cash (both thanks to the 'rents I admit.)
So I ordered. £20. And paid extra for Special Delivery.
Wait, where are they? I know they can arrive until 13.00, but these things tend to come early or not come at all.
So I called Customer Services, just to check.

Hah.

If you order vouchers, they are set up for despatch the NEXT DAY. I'm not talking about ordering at 21.00, I ordered before 12.00.
Nothing on the website (and I've gone back over it with ant's feet) tells you this.
Fuck it arriving before 13.00 tomorrow - it could arrive in a weeks time now for all I care.

Customer Services are calling me back.
It's not the money. Although I'd like a refund.
It's being a shitty daughter that bothers me. Even though I tried not to be. Shoulda just put a £20 note in his card, eh?
That doesn't make you a shitty daughter at all. Things happen and stuff gets delayed. Its not like you did on purpose or put it off until the last minute because you didn't care. You do care and thats why it is upsetting you in the first place. I still have Christmas presents to give out and I don't feel shitty for it.