View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 03:59 AM   #163
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I wonder why the motorcycle disappears during that loop?

Oh, and in high school, I would totally have been distracted by some girl's midriff. If she was in my class, I'd be staring at her through the whole class, and probably be trying to hide a boner under my notebook. You can't get much hornier than a high school boy.
I spent much of my high school time quietly lusting after our English teacher. When he was talking, I really wasn't taking in the detail of what he was saying.

I knew plenty of girls who were completely led by their hormones and totally distracted by the presence of a 'hot' guy in class.

Learning to wrench your mind away from those distractions and focus on the task at hand is all part of growing up. Placing the onus on the girls to not be distracting - rather than on the boys to not be distracted is unfair and silly. For you the sight of a bare midriff may have been distracting - in some cultures the sight of a bare ankle or calf would have the same impact. The formal style of school skirt with ankle socks would be unthinkable past the age of 10.

And for individual boys different things might be a distraction - the nape of a girl's neck, the back of a knee, the slight suggestion of breasts under a demure blouse...

Where the line is drawn seems arbitrary.

It always boils down to girls having to cover up and not allow their body shape or surface to show. I know some girls have got into trouble for wearing form-fitting jogging pants - no skin on show, but the shape of their legs and butt is apparently enough to render them a distraction to the boys.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote