View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #4576
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Yeah, I know none of the other grotts that live around here care if it's messy, but I hate the yucky feeling under my feet (I really prefer not to wear shoes indoors), and Clod's right about the nesting I guess. I just want to try and catch up on all the main chores so I don't have to worry too much for the first couple of weeks.

anyway, I'll get the big boys to put in an hour when they get home this arvy and that should help get things squared away enough. Then I just have to give them a bit of a chat about how they'll need to use a bit more initiative about about the chores for the next couple of months. I know they will. They're excellent boys. I'd be lost without them. Even Max is good at helping out and doing his bit. for example, we have a front loader washing machine, so it's low to the ground. Max is great at unloading and loading it up for me so I don't have to bend over for that long. Little helps like that make a big difference to those sorts of chores. I really am lucky to have such great kids.