Thread: Winning
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
Because that reflects to absolutely nothing in real life.
You do your thing, and I do my thing. Why does there have to be a winner and a loser?

You see this in traffic sometimes. When you drive, you aren't competing with anyone. You are just going from point A to point B. If someone goes faster than you, then they go faster. So what? If they are able to pull into the lane in front of you, then so what? Even if it slows you down by half a second, that doesn't mean you "lose." You're still going to get to your destination in virtually the same amount of time.

As a parent, I teach my kids to try their best. To be the best they can be, but also to be happy and enjoy life. They are both doing well, and they are both happy. If you feel like a loser whenever anyone is better than you at something, you will always feel like a loser. There are 6 billion people on the planet. You will never be #1 at anything.

Yes, there are soccer games at younger ages where there is no score recorded, but the kids have a pretty good idea who won and who lost. In those games, the goal is to have fun and to gain skills. Not to win. If one team is really pumped about winning, they actually lose, because they missed the point.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote