View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 01:47 AM   #86
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I've seen accidents like that in pro-rally. Trees tend to be very unyielding.

That reminds me.

Some dumbass kid put his car into a tree along the state hospital fence about a year ago now.

Our ambulance was on the way out to pick up a nut, so they were first-on-scene and contacted county radio and had to wait around with the dead guy until the cops and community ambulance showed up. Dude was doing about 95 mph when he put the car into a tree, turned his car into a pretzel and did some major damage to the tree. There wasn't enough left of him for organ donation.

As is lately the custom, his little friends set up one of those roadside shrines ... laminated pictures, tearstained letters of loss and longing, those tall jar candles (which are often lit at night), stuffed monkey, flowers. I expect it to be festooned with graduation tassels soon.

Just one little problem. They set up his shrine against this venerable oak tree along the fence line, right outside Gate #2.

Dumbfuck put his car into one of the trees that stands between Gate #3 and Gate #4, closer to Gate #4.

They put the shrine against the wrong tree.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote