View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 AM   #29
glatt

I use our upstairs shower and it sucks. Grit has clogged the inlet ports on the supply side of the shower valve, and I've tried over the years to take the valve apart, clean it, and put it back. But it drips inside the wall when I put it all back together. Must be a nicked o-ring or something. I think I've written about it before. We've got a plastic bag taped underneath the valve in the wall cavity, directing the drips outside the access panel onto a rag lying on the floor, where they evaporate.

The valve has finally accumulated so much grit that it's making the water do weird harmonic crap that gets the pipes vibrating like a freaking helicopter is about to land on the roof. You can adjust the temperature and try to get the harmonic vibrations to change or temporarily go away, but they always come back. The only temperature settings that don't sound like a helicopter is landing on the roof are scalding hot and too cool.

I broke down this past weekend and ordered a whole new shower valve and assembly from an online plumbing supply place. Maybe this weekend coming up, I will install it. I really hate doing plumbing though.

Everyone else uses the downstairs shower, which is beautiful and just works. I re-did that like 2 years ago.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote